Monday, July 6, 2015




Don't let your beach memories wash away. 
Bring your memories home with you!  



Crafting does not get any better than doing it on the seashore with your toes in the sand!





Step by step instructions how to make a seashell plaster mold, found at Red Heads Craft.  the heart shape was found on google images, source unknown.  I thought it was a great way to preserve and show off your beach treasures.  If you use quick-crete you could use them as stepping stones.  If  I was going to display in my home, I would add a wire hanger while it is drying.  

                          
                           Sand Castles



Sand Castles bring back wonderful times at the beach.  One of my favorite Christmas ornaments is a sandcastle one of my Besties gave me years ago.  These would make great decorative pieces and ornaments as well as preserve your vacation memories.  It appears t me that they used very fine sand.

The waves will not wash away these beautiful memories.

How to instructions found on www.ehow.com.


Sand Bowl
I love this bowl made of sand! Again it appears the sand it really fine.  I am going to try this to display my sea shells in.

I have added two set of how to instructions.  SourceI  SourceII


This was going to be the final series of DIY projects using your coastal | beach | seaside treasures.  However, I found so many fantastic projects that I am adding one more blog to this series.  Next Monday we will explore DIY projects with Sea Glass.  I am very excited about the next series as we are planning a trip to Fort Braggs in CA.  It is also known as sea glass beach.

A Seaside Home welcomes you to share your thoughts and ideas with us in the comment section.  If you have pictures of a project you have done, please share it on our Facebook page.

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Beach Combing!

No comments:

Post a Comment