Monday, September 28, 2015

Fun with non-traditional fall decor!

With October knocking on the door my thoughts are moving toward fall decorating & entertaining.  While traditional fall colors and themes remain popular, this year autumn decorating is all about Non-Traditional Colors.


This blog series over the next couple of weeks will show you how to create warm and inviting non-traditional fall decorating.  Our next blog will be full of creative non-carved pumpkin decorating ideas.  We will show you how to easily transform from fall into Halloween.  The exciting news is that, with little effort you can keep your decor updated and exciting for your family and friends.

 Let's get the inspiration and fun started! .


Source


I do a Harvest Fall party every year, so I do not want to have my pumpkins carved or decorated until closer to Halloween.  However, I also do not want to completely redo my entire house decor in a couple of weeks.  I also want to use the pumpkins, gourds and decor I have already used and incorporate them into my Halloween theme.  

These ideas will inspire you to easily plan ahead for stage 2 of your fall decorating.


Step 1.  First thing I like to do is make a list of my entertaining and/or needs for the season.  I am having an informal Fall Harvest & Wine Tasting Gathering prior to Halloween.  Therefore I know I do not want my Halloween decorations up the entire month.


Step 2.  Time for planning! It is time to decide your style, design and color scheme.  Follow our blog series for inspiration.  Some years I do an elegant fall gathering, however this year is going to be more casual and relaxed.  Today, we will look at non-traditional; elegant, casual styles.


Step 3.  Remember, this is your home, make it yours, let your unique style shine.  

Step 4.  Have fun!


Tablescapes and Entertaining 

Pairing the dark browns and purple creates a unique and stylish table.
 source link for rustic-refined.com is no longer available

Have fun celebrating fall with your unique style.
                     

Next week we will share numerous ideas with instructions for decorating and/or painting pumpkins and gourds.


                              


Create vases out of pumpkins and gourds and add your favorite fall flowers.

     

Paint leaves and/or acorns to match your non-traditional fall color theme.
Source for Fall Leaves with instructions                                  Source with instructions


                         
 

                             

 

Mason Jars by Beach Blues
 



I hope you have found inspiration to create your own fall decorating style.  

Next week, we will be presenting you with several inspirational non-traditional/non-carved decorated pumpkins with 'How To' guides for your Halloween & Fall decorating.

For my Coastal loving friends, we will include several ideas for our coastal theme style that like you, I love.

Thank you for stopping by, please feel free to leave me a comment, question or idea below.
Stop by our website: A Seaside Home and our Facebook page.  

Remember: Be Unique and let your style shine through! ♥ 
Happy Decorating ~ Sheila




I have linked all sites that I could to give credit to the original owners.  Unfortunately,  I cannot always find the original source.  If you recognize a photo and would like to assist me, please send me the link to the original owner.  













No comments:

Post a Comment